



It is a rainy afternoon at the Kayak coffee shop where I have discovered they serve African chai, a bit pricey but comforting.
I circle the block again while ‘America Honey’ is playing. I’ve been waiting all day to hear it. It’s too hot but I cannot bring myself to roll up my windows and turn on the fake air. So I let my hair fly around where it will, and I sing, not caring if the person in the next lane can see. I sing… “There’s a wild, wild, whisper blowing in the wind, calling out my name like a long lost friend”…
Two little blonde boys are sitting at a table eating bagels the size of their heads, legs dangling and kicking in the oversized chairs. They look up at me as I walk to the door, and I smile... “nothing is sweeter than summer time….and American Honey”... My legs dangle in those chairs too.
4 comments:
Bonjour Heather,
Loved this story and the gorgeous photos!
Kristin, Thank you so much, I'm so touched that you read my blog! I love yours also!!
Heather
LIKE!!!
LIKE!!!
Post a Comment